Pork chops are nutritious and contains many essential vitamins and minerals. When cooked on a cast iron skillet, pork chops can be filled with many rich flavors. This amazing quick and easy cast iron pork chops with apples recipes combines the freshness of herbs and the sweetness of apples, while leaving your meet moist and juicy for the whole family to enjoy.
Cast Iron Pork Chops with Apples Recipe
Servings: 4 people
- 2-4 Pork Chops
- 4 Sliced Apples
- 1 tsp Basil Leaves
- 1 tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Heat a 12 inch cast iron skillet over high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper on each side.
- When pan is hot, sear pork chops for 90 seconds on each side.
- When both sides have been seared, remove chops and set aside. Line the bottom of the cast iron skillet with apples.
- Season the top with salt, pepper, and basil leaves.
- Place pork shops on top of fruit and place skillet in the oven.
- Cook until the internal temperature reaches a minimum of 140°.
Depending on the thickness of your pork chops, cook times can vary from 25 minutes to 45 minutes. For thicker pork chops, you can increase oven temperature to 350°.
Taking care of your cast iron skillet the right way is vital to maintaining its cleanliness, seasoning, and functionality for years to come. This video shows you how to care for your cast iron skillet after cooking.