The perfect one dish meal that is ready to eat in just 30 minutes. This Italian cuisine is perfect for the whole family, including some garden favorites.
Mozzarella and Spinach Tortellini with Sun Dried Tomatoes
Servings: 6 people
- 20 oz Spinach Cheese Tortellini
- 1/2 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 4 cups Raw Spinach Leaf
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 6 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1/2 tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 12-15 Fresh Basil Leaves Chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Boil water and cook tortellini according to packaged instructions. Drain and rinse. Meanwhile, prepare sun dried tomatoes by using food scissors to cut into smaller pieces. Mince garlic cloves and shred mozzarella cheese and put aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat sun dried tomatoes. Add minced garlic and cook for a minute, continuing to stir so that the garlic does not burn.
- Add fresh spinach and continue cooking and stirring until spinach starts to wilt. Next, pour unsweetened almond milk, salt, and paprika and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add mozzarella cheese. Stir to melt. Add chopped fresh basil.
- Add cooked tortellini to the sauce, mix to coat. Warm on medium low heat as needed to combine. Serve with a dash of grated Parmesan cheese on top and some additional raw spinach leaf added to the side.
Avoid using pre-packaged shredded cheese if possible. It does not melt as well and contains additives that form a waxy coat over the cheese. This can take your body anywhere between one to three days to digest. Try to shred your cheese from a pound block with a grater.
Here is a great recipe on how to make your own homemade tortellini.