Having yogurt and fruit in the morning is an easy way to ensure you get some protein in your diet that can be easily prepped ahead of time. Seal your yogurt and fruit bowls in mason jars and refrigerate ahead of time. Greek yogurt has a thick texture which can make it difficult for some people that are not use to such coarse things. Having the fruit and some fruit juices or honey as a substitute can help to cut through that taste as well as give an added crunch of pleasure with your nut topping. This quick greek yogurt and strawberry bowl recipe is perfect for any day of the week or even as a midday snack.
Quick Greek Yogurt and Strawberry Bowl
- 1 1/3 cup Organic Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Diced Strawberries Fresh
- 1 oz Slice Almonds
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Combine 1/2 cup of diced fresh strawberries in a small bowl with 1/2 tsp sugar.
- Let stand for 5 minutes until the berries start to release some juice.
- Pour 1 1/3 cup of organic plain greek yogurt in a small bowl.
- Pour desired amount of diced fresh strawberries with juice.
- Top with sliced almonds or crunch of your choice. (i.e. granola)
If you want to know why Greek yogurt is preferred over regular yogurt, check out this quick 5 minute video so you can make the best choice for yourself and your health.