There is nothing more warming than some chicken doused in tomatoes sauce and poured on top of some pasta. This is such an easy recipe that only requires a few ingredients but the flavors and smell will permeate your environment. Check out this delicious quick tomato chicken recipe that is perfect for the whole family.
Quick Tomato Chicken Recipe
- 1-2 lbs Chicken Breast boneless/skinless
- 28 oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 8 cloves Minced Garlic
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cayenne
- 1-2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- salt and pepper as desire
- Prepare chicken slicing breast down. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a non-stick pan, add olive oil and 2 tbsp butter over medium-high heat. Once butter is melted, add chicken in a single layer. Cook 4 minutes on each side until brown. Transfer to plate. Cook in batches if pan is not large enough.
- Cool pan by reducing heat to medium-low. Add garlic, cook until brown (1 minute). Stir in crushed tomatoes and cayenne, loosening brown buts in pan. Add 2 tbsp of butter, increase heat to a simmer. Add salt and pepper stirring occasionally. Simmer 5 minutes until thick.
- Reduce pan heat to barely a simmer, placing chicken in pan. Top with Italian seasoning, cooking several minutes until sauce is absorbed some.
Not sure what cut of chicken is best for your next recipe. Check out this video on why you should use chicken thighs versus chicken breasts.