Oats are among the healthiest grains on earth. This gluten-free whole grain is a great source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber. Old-fashioned oats have a nutty flavor and are chewier than quick oats that have been flaked to cook quicker. When combined with some nuts and dried fruit, you can enjoy this healthy and easy baked breakfast with the whole family.
Apricot Nut Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/4 cup Dried Apricots Chopped
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Walnuts Chopped or Pieces
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and stir well. Transfer to an 8 by 8-inch baking dish that has been lightly coated with olive oil.
- Pour oatmeal mixture into dish and bake 45-50 minutes or until slightly browned and crispy on top.
- Spread almond butter or Date Honey on each serving.
- Top with Cinnamon Baked Apples.
- Double this recipe and bake in a 9 by 13-inch casserole dish.
- Substitute dates for raisins.
- Substitute pecans for walnuts.
Check out this video for everything you need to know about oats. Learn about the four different types of oats and how to properly prepare them for your next meal.