The flaky buttery texture and taste of a crescent roll is the perfect accent to any meal. Making a stuffing for your crescent roll opens up a whole new realm of possibilities. This easy and delicious sausage and spinach crescent ring recipe is the perfect addition to any luncheon, as a dinnertime appetizer, or to bring to your next church potluck.
Sausage and Spinach Crescent Ring Recipe
- 2 cans Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 1 bunch Fresh Spinach Chopped
- 8 Sweet Bell Peppers Chopped
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 2 tbsp Adams All Purpose Seasoning
- 4 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup Mixed Italian Cheese Shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- The spinach needs to be super dry for this one, so working in batches, wring out excess water using paper towels or a tea towel. Place dry spinach in a medium mixing bowl.
- Brown sausage and remove grease. Combine sausage in mixing bowl with bell pepper, onion, garlic, spinach, and all purpose seasoning. Mix until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Line a flat cooking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange crescent dough in a circle, large sides on the inside, slightly overlapping. It should resemble a sun shape.
- Spread the sausage and spinach mixture in the center of the crescent dough. Carefully fold pointed edges of dough over the spinach mixture, tucking into the bottom.
- Top with shredded cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly and then slice and serve. Enjoy!
Spinach is known for positively contributing to your health and overall diet. This video goes over the benefits and even some pitfalls with consuming a large amount of spinach regularly.